Author Tom Clancy introduced the character of Jack Ryan in a series of books before Ryan headed to the big screen in several films. Now the former U.S. Marine is featured in an episodic series for the first time, with John Krasinski portraying Ryan in an Amazon original action-thriller that centers on Ryan as an up-and-coming CIA analyst.
The series was created by Carlton Cuse and Graham Roland and premiered on August 31, 2018, on Amazon Prime Video. Its season two hit screens in October 2019 and in April 2019, Amazon officially renewed the series for a third season. The plot centers around Jack Ryan who is thrust into a dangerous field assignment for the first time and uncovers a pattern in terrorist communication. That launches him into the middle of a dangerous gambit with a new breed of terrorism that threatens destruction on a global scale.
‘Jack Ryan” which has won a Location Managers Guild Awards in 2019 has been filmed in multiple locations so far, including the UK, Colombia, Russia Canada, Morocco and the US. Luckily, Greece will also be included in its next season. The crew for the shooting of season three is preparing their luggage for Athens as the filming of two episodes will take place between August and September. Τhe first meetings have already been held with the Municipality of Athens and the local authorities in cooperation with the Athens Film Office for the settlement of licensing issues and restriction of traffic. The locations included will vary from historic sites to less touristic ones downtown. On the Greek side, the companies responsible for the production services are Blonde and Faliro House.
- John Krasinski as Dr. Jack Ryan, a Marine veteran and financial analyst working for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), specifically the Terror, Finance, and Arms Division (T-FAD) under the Counterterrorism Center (CTC); later promoted to head of T-FAD and now temporarily working on Capitol Hill.
- Wendell Pierce as James Greer, Ryan’s boss in T-FAD, a non-practicing Muslim and former CIA station chief in Karachi; later promoted to deputy station chief in Moscow, and now reassigned to Venezuela by request.
- Abbie Cornish as Dr. Cathy Mueller (season 1), a physician specializing in infectious diseases, and Ryan’s love interest
- Ali Suliman as Mousa bin Suleiman (season 1), a Lebanese-born French Islamic terrorist skilled in finance, radicalized after graduating from Dauphine, seeking to establish a unified Islamic caliphate against the West.
- Dina Shihabi as Hanin Ali (season 1), Suleiman’s wife
- John Hoogenakker as Matice (aka “Garth” and Jeff, season 2, recurring season 1), a leading black ops operative with the CIA Special Activities Center
- Noomi Rapace as Harriet “Harry” Baumann (season 2), a German Federal Intelligence Service (BND) agent tracking her former associate Max Schenkel in Venezuela
- Jordi Mollà as Nicolás Reyes (season 2), president of Venezuela
- Francisco Denis as Miguel Ubarri (season 2), President Reyes’ chief advisor and childhood friend, a concerned general
- Cristina Umaña as Gloria Bonalde (season 2), the major contender in the upcoming Venezuelan presidential election and wife of the missing Minister of Interior and Justice
- Jovan Adepo as Marcus Bishop (season 2), a retired U.S. Navy special crewman now fixing boats, reluctantly recruited back into action with call sign “Uber (Select)”
- Michael Kelly as Mike November (season 2), CIA station chief in Venezuela, twice divorced from U.S. Ambassador to Venezuela Lisa Calabrese